Red sky at night; shepherds delight …

So, I must have been a shepherd in a previous life because the other evening when the sunset painted pink across the sky, I stopped for a minute to take it in and remembered the words my mother would recite whenever either applied …
Red sky at night; shepherds delight,
Red sky in the morning; shepherds warning
We are creeping into Autumn in the Southern Hemisphere and, in my opinion, this is when Cape Town comes into her own … the relentless wind of summer is all blown out, that heat that suffocates the locals has passed, the days are soft, warm and sunshiny, with the nights being cool enough to enjoy a good night’s sleep, with just the slightest chill in the early morning hinting of what is to come … and then of course those stunning windless sunsets!  They are spectacular, but how many of us are looking up, taking a moment to enjoy them before the sun slips below the horizon for another day.
I’ve been watching the shadows change across my garden as the Earth re-positions herself for our winter, it’s beautiful to watch … and like a sleek Siamese I am patiently waiting for my spot, at the bottom of my bed, in the warmth of the afternoon winter sunlight for a nap …
So what have I learned … I don’t know about the rest of you but 2012 has exploded into being (and this is not just me, many folks are saying the same thing, even Juniors Teacher said the same thing to us just this week!), but I am determined to STOP to take in those beautiful sunsets, watch a movie with my girls, bake a cake and savour the magical moments … will you join me?
Tell me, what are your magical moments?
Love you all madly …    
Warm regards 
Collette in Cape Town
 


INTRODUCING … Music to inspire … What a Wonderful World – Louis ArmstrongClick to Listen!
In collaboration with Big G Productions!



You can now follow Zenith-Thinking Blog on Twitter ...
http://twitter.com/#!/ZenithThinking
© All the content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I commend you on your excellent writing skills, I called my girls that same evening to have a look at our beautiful sky, thank God we are alive to experience it...

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.