Do You Believe?

‘Twas the night before Easter, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse … well the mice might be sleeping but the Bunny is hard at work … the Easter Bunny that is … because in our house – we BELIEVE!  Brothers and Sisters can I have an AMEN!
So I couldn’t help but smile when I received an email from my Bestie this week informing me that her oldest child informed her younger child that the Easter Bunny wasn’t real.  It’s a bit sad really, because we know that they must grow up but we hope that they “believe” for just a little longer … maybe for just one more year …
I remember when my oldest engaged in a full-on body contact playground brawl when she was informed by one of her playground not-so-buddies that the authenticity of the Easter Bunny was deeply questionable.  And let’s just say that there was a bad news letter and a HUGE amount of energy spent around it (and that was just the parents).  It’s difficult because we want them to grow up and to be wise to the world but when they stop believing in the wonderful fables that we come into this life with, they seem to lose some of that innocence that comes with putting cookies and milk out for Father Christmas …
The only thing I could think to say to our oldest (I think she was 7 or 8 at the time) was that although it was sadly true that the Easter Bunny, Father Christmas, Fairies, Leprechauns, Dragons, the Tooth Fairy (not Gary from DSTV of course) and so on, might not be tangible things we can catch in the act, the spirit of their essence was real.  Is it such a terrible thing to believe in Peace to All Man Kind at Christmas or to indulge in the fantasy of the Easter Bunny with a child or to console a pre-schooler who has lost a tooth with the conspiracy and anticipation of the Tooth Fairy or Mouse?  Personally, I think we could all do with a bit of pixie dust in our lives, alluding to hope and happiness.  After all, how many of us are superstitious or read our horoscopes?  How many of us believe in Love at First Sight or Serendipity?  Isn’t that a grown-up version?
So what have I learned … We believe!  AMEN we believe!  And my life is the better for it!  It’s not about being soft or infantile believing in something that, for some, has been disproved.  It’s about believing in hope and that good things will happen!  Our oldest is old enough to know differently but we fully engage in the year end production that is Christmas – both spiritual and commercial, keeping the magic alive for our youngest.  I’d like to believe that most people are more good than bad.  I believe that what you put out, you get back.  I believe that The Divine and\or The Universe are always working towards our greater good, even though we might not see or understand that at the time.  And I believe that no-one has the right to take away from you, that in which you believe!  My friend’s 4 year old vehemently stood up to his older brother and told him that he was wrong!  4 Year Old little Daniel … you are my hero!
Love you all madly … have a Blessed Easter …   
Warm regards 
Collette in Cape Town
 



Music to inspire … Click I'm your Angel By R. Kelly and Celine Dion

In collaboration with Big G Productions!



You can now follow Zenith-Thinking Blog on Twitter ... http://twitter.com/#!/ZenithThinking
© All the content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.