Fifty Shades of … He did WHAT???

Oh girls and boys as Cape Town hits the coldest weekend of what feels like ever but actually is just of this winter, with all of our emergency services on high alert, the temperature is plummeting outside but OH MY FRIGGEN HAT it is most definitely RISING and becoming almost intoxicating with the buzz over the airwaves and chat shows around Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James … have you read it yet?  All I can is … OH MY and in the best kind of toe curling way …
I NEVER got the whole Vampire\Twilight hype, too pasty pale and all things fang for me and apologies to the writing community because I never read the books either.  It took me years to watch the first movie (I think #3 was about to be released in brail when I saw #1) and at the time it was probably a toss-up between cleaning the toilet or watching Twilight 1 … but by the end of that first Twilight movie - I so got it!  I’m still not into the fangs and blood thing but I believe the reason the Twilight Saga’s have done so well is because of that constant simmering tension between the leads, the intensity, the passion, the controlled suffocating devotion of another person whispering in restrained succinct entendre of his intentions … oh yes, I got it … and Ms James has hit that sweet spot and is riding her financial and infamous successful wave through the Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy.  More power to her …
I must say one thing at this point!  I do not agree or condone ANYTHING that is not consensual!    I am only at the beginning of book 2 and I might well hate both of these characters by the end of Book 3 – but somehow I seriously doubt that!   So wherever Book 2 and 3 takes us, let me get that out of the way early!  A personal disclaimer!  I have only just finished Book 1, it ends in a cliff-hanger of note and I couldn’t restrain myself, I HAD to start reading book 2 i.m.m.e.d.i.a.t.e.l.y. because my universe was about to fall off its axis … so mesmerized I was by this relationship!
But ok, let’s not pull any punches here … this book is dripping in SEX, SEX and a lot MORE SEX and OH MY its true … but as you continue to read you realize, that it actually isn’t about the sex (did I MENTION that it is HOT!) … it’s about the simmering electricity that is between these 2 characters, that like all of us, come to this new relationship with a hanger of baggage, but it is how that despite all of this, their intoxication of each other is limitless … and the intensity of it all, many would say is unhealthy, is completely addictive!
So what have I learned … oh girls and boys the list is long and at the risk of blushing, many many a thing I have learned but those you will have to read the books for!  I must get hold of Ms James and find out, how she goes to PTA meetings after these books have been published???  I bet that is an interesting meeting!

Although I think the books were written for women … Gentlemen, if you want to know what brings the frisky back … read the books!  I also think we could all (both women and men) learn a consensual thing or two or 50 about relationships from these books … around trust, security, communication, pleasure, boundaries and laying your dragons (take that as you wish).  I love the Control the book introduces and the exhilaration that brings!  I think the books (well as far as I am) epitomize living with passion, which I think we can allow to dampen when dealing with the realities that life brings!  I love the way they explore each other’s Dark Side, taking huge personal emotional risk and so far their intoxication continues …                

After all … who doesn’t want a gazillionaire whisking you away to some secret location via his own means and possessively pulling you into him and letting you know, without a shadow of a doubt, what his intensions are and how much you will love it!
Wickedly yours … Love you all madly …               
Warm regards on this FREEZING HOT Winter’s Day …   
Collette in Cape Town
 


This particular song is my absolute favourite (at the moment), it is my ring tone on my phone and it screams whisperingly to this blog … Click here Dark Side by Kelly Clarkson ... Listen to the words ...
In collaboration with Big G Productions!


PS … I have no doubt there will be a Part 2 to this Blog …
You can now follow Zenith-Thinking Blog on Twitter ... http://twitter.com/#!/ZenithThinking
© All the content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.