Eenie meanie minie mo …

Ok So!  A fabulous friend of mine, went to a “Fortune Teller” the other day and as I leaned in guiltily to hear her predictions, I had an audio moment … literally … like in the movies!  Kind of an existential … outside of my head kind of a moment!  Let me explain …
There were cards and palms and tea leaves involved and I thought to myself … FABULOUS you got a brew at the same time … not so much …
I listened intently to what this women (who would have been burnt at the stake in 15th century) had told her … haven’t we evolved so nicely … less fire and brimstone and more condescending judgement (I’m just glad the blitz had been put away) … I digress …
So there she was uncannily accurately informing me of the things that this woman had told her when she said … “and the woman then told me I had taken the wrong path somewhere and that I was not where I was meant to be” Click here to hear the sound in my brain!  … WHAT?  WHAT HAD SHE JUST SAID?  Can we do that?  Can we make the wrong decision and end up on some tortured convoluted path to our own hell?  Can we do that?  This concept really rocked my daisies!!*
It left my mind reeling with questions!!!  Where did she go wrong?  How do we get back on the “right path”?  Wrong by who’s standards?  What life could we have missed out on?  Is this even possible?  A parallel universe where I am … different, as the words from Le Miserable say in a world “so different from this hell I’m living” dramatic (for effect) but no less powerful!
Have you watched the Movie The Adjustment Bureau?  Do!  Watch it … I loved it!  But is it possible?
It really got me thinking … do I belong to the conscience appeasing “train of thought” that believes that there are no wrong choices?  That if we do Option A or Option B, we are exactly where we are meant to be, at the right time?  Or do I believe it is all mapped out ahead of time, and I just oblige some giant cosmic chess game?  Or do I believe that I am walking in my Divine’s Divine Plan for my life?  Warm, fussy and comforting but accurate?  Or do I believe that things are random and I go with the flow – living by default almost?  Or more yet, that I can activity work out a plan and aggressively chase it?  That it is all in my hands?  Is it possible that I could have taken a wrong turn somewhere and have created a completely different destiny, missing out on wonderful things and by my incorrect choices inadvertently choosing something harder, darker, more difficult?  That prospect is really scary and (for me) a little depressing.  Maybe I just want to live in my bubble of “there are no wrong choices” and “I am walking in HIS Divine plan for me” (I can multi-vision).
… I wrote most of this blog earlier this week … and that sentence really bugged me … and then yesterday out of the blue, someone I knew died.  He had been ill, gravely ill and then he got better and looked like he was on the road to full recovery … and then yesterday, he was given 24 to 48 hours to live and within 12 hours … he was gone …
We hadn’t been particularly close (now) … but there was a time when he had been a moulding part of my life and there was a definite void … a son, a father, a husband, a brother, an uncle, a friend, a colleague, the nice guy who lived across the road …
So what have I learned … I don’t have any answers and as Uwe* eloquently put it – Life has no GPS!!*  But somewhere between the 2nd glass of Coffee Pino and Eva Cassidy I realised this … whether we have or we have not taken a wrong turn somewhere … this is where we are!  And however we got here … here we are!  So for today and for tomorrow … what are we going to do to make this reality a better place … because that choice is in our hands …
Love you all madly …    
Warm regards …             
Collette in Cape Town
               

Fields of Gold! by the late Eva Cassidy
In collaboration with Big G Productions!



* I credit these words to Uwe Kutu.  Thank you for the great words and our chats!         

You can now follow Zenith-Thinking Blog on Twitter ...
http://twitter.com/#!/ZenithThinking
© All the content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.