Finish the Sentence Friday … #1 – 4th Jan 2013 ... I went to the grocery store the other day, and ...

So, where were we … oh yes, I joined this fabulous blogging network group called Bloppy Bloggers (I think I have mentioned this before) … a couple of the members have started a “Finish the Sentence Friday Challenge”, and not one to be left out and terminally impaired with FOBLO (fear of being left out), I absolutely agreed to participate (ja … how cool am I?) – not knowing what I was actually getting involved in!!  It involved the dreaded people … CODE … raw HTML (which I don’t speak – I mean really folks … I can barely spell in English for heaven’s sake) and it scared the red knickers right off me … but keen to participate … here is my contribution …
 
 
Finish the Sentence  “I went to the grocery store the other day, and a rather unusual thing happened! 
 
You know how when you go into a large superstore and you keep bumping into the same people up and down each isle … well, one Friday morning food shopping for my family for the week, I was working my way up and down the local superstore and I kept bumping into this very well heeled (and dressed) couple.  He was wearing a stunning 3 piece suite in dark blue and she was wearing at least 7 inch red heels and a rather elaborate outfit of fish net stockings, leather skirt and black chiffon flouncy blouse.  I only took note because the first time I saw them I thought to myself, my word, that’s a smidgen over-dressed for the local food shop – actually I was slightly embarrassed – as I had no make-up on, with my uncontrollable red curly hair pulled up into a pony-tail in takkies (trainers) and my comfy track-suit (sweats) on.  But whatever makes your hair blow back … I need to do food shopping comfy … maybe some folks need to do food shopping a little more … um … er … formally.  Whatever!
 
The first time we bump into each other, we smiled briefly at each other as our carts passed the kitchen cleaning liquids.  He had a rather odd smile on his face and was watching Fish-Net Girl with keen interest.  There was no list but he was directing the purchases … odd but ok.  In my house I make, keep and control the list and I don’t hand it over for anything but … onto the washing powder I headed. 
 
After placing a few more items in my cart, we met up again in the toilet roll isle.  Fish-Net Girl was slowly, with great purpose, placing toilet paper in the trolley – very weird – and she released a slight whimper.  3-Piece-Suite Guy and I made eye contact as I silently queried if she was ok?  He wordlessly waves me on, like everything was ok … again whatever … and they started to get the WTF eyebrow from me … again our paths parted as we headed in opposite directions up and down the tinned food isle. 
 
Surveying my list, I needed to get Baked Beans – junior loves them - finding the low salt variety I feel chuffed that I am doing my part to keeping my family low sodium … good mom! 
 
Again our paths crossed, this time Fish-Net Girl was holding onto the pots and pans shelve … kind of panting.  3-Piece Suite Guy and I made eye contact again and again he is smiling and this time I start to smile.  She obviously isn’t in pain exactly, in fact it looks rather … um er … interesting … but whatever it is, she looks consumed.  I’m rather grateful that there are few people in the superstore.
 
Heading onto the sweetie isle, I find my girls favourite sweets – just one I admonish myself and again, there they are ahead of me, facing me and 3-Piece Suite Guy is directing procurement.  I smiled.  We pass each other and go our opposite ways …
 
Again we pass in the frozen peas isle and this time Fish-Net Girl is growling and panting and working really hard on holding back something … 3-Piece Suite Guy has a grin like a cheshire and all of this becomes curiouser and curiouser …
 
 Somewhere between the organic eggs and the wholewheat bread it hits me!  OMG!  I figured it out … no ways … surely not!  Who does that in a supermarket?  Evidently 3-Piece Suite Guy and Fish-Net Girl!  Good (if a lot risqué) for them I secretly smiled to myself!
 
Leaning up for some lamb chops above my reach, an impeccable blue suited arm reaches over me to pass me dinner.  “I didn’t force her you know, I just came along for the delicious ride” he says handing me the unreachables with a smile the size of the Sahara.
 
 “If you say so my sweet”, I quietly smile knowingly “best you get to the check out before she … um … er … unravels
 
 
***
 
This story is based on a newspaper article published in the ’90 about a woman who was arrested in a superstore with battery operated toys on her … um … er (cough) … person … *wicked smile*
 
Love you all madly …    
Warm regards …             
Collette in Cape Town

17 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Collete, this was by the far the most interesting tale yet at the supermarket. My god all I get are grumpy old ladies and kids being insane. But this truly was interesting and so very entertaining. Thanks for linking up and loved your post!!

Clark Farley said...

(Warning! cultural reference, old movie division): 'I am not worthy! I am not worthy!'

I enjoyed reading this Post. Not overly enjoyed! Moderately...and appropriately enjoyed. lol

Julie Deneen said...

Oh my goodness. You win! That was outrageous. ;)

Amy said...

It really took me until the end of the story to get it. So funny - not something I would expect at all in my sheltered life here in Connecticut. :)

Terrye Toombs said...

I have actually witnessed a couple getting hot and bothered in a grocery store late in the evening when, before we were married, we'd make a late night run to the store for ice cream. I guess some people get off on over the top public displays. :)

And I won't go into what I've seen in parking lots at strip clubs and bars. :D

nothingbythebook.com said...

Well. Racy.

OhBoyMom said...

OMG, I felt like I was reading a scene out of 50 Shades of Grey! You definitely had the most interesting trip to the grocery store by far! :)

Ruchira said...

wow...what an adventure and what a treat for the reader...loved it zenith :)

Zenith Thinking said...

I am enjoying the blog hop ... thanx for the great support.
Regards
Collette

Zenith Thinking said...

I am so pleased to see that you appropriately enjoyed the post ... anything more would just be in appropriate right ... :-))

Thank you for the great support.
Warm regards
Collette

Zenith Thinking said...

Thank you for the great support and thank you for the Tweet - so appreciate it!

Warm regards
Collette

Zenith Thinking said...


I love love love the unexpected ... Thank you for the great support.
Warm regards
Collette

Zenith Thinking said...

Now come on Terrye, you can't leave us hanging what have you seen in parking lots and strip clubs ... wait maybe that is for another blog hop ... :-))

Thank you for the great support.
Warm regards
Collette

Zenith Thinking said...

I'll take that ... Racy ... no - not really by the book, actually I think I threw the book away ...

Thank you for the great support.
Warm regards
Collette

Zenith Thinking said...

Yes indeed ... it did feel 50 didn't it ...

Thank you for the great support.
Warm regards
Collette

Zenith Thinking said...

Thank you Ruchira ... nice comment! (nice for me is good - not bad nice :-)) )

Thank you for the great support.
Warm regards
Collette

Kate Hall said...

Whoa. Heavy happenings in the g-store. You get most creative award!

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.