Finish the Sentence Friday (+1) … One time when I was bored out of my mind, I …

So, this one time when I was really bored out of my mind, I asked myself … what on earth would I be doing right this very second - if money (and time) were no object??

!!TRAVEL!!

 jumped loudly into my mind … and so the adventure began …

That yearning exploded in me again … I want to take my girls overseas, for a White Christmas!   Their first aeroplane … (OMH the girls can’t see how badly their mother fly’s - as horror grabbed me by the throat!)  Pulling myself free from that lovely thought, I took a few deep breaths and let my mind take flight …

So the time frame is obvious … December\January … December is my most favourite time of the year … the most magical!  Where would we go first … London … I want to take my girls shopping in London for Christmas and experience Hamleys Toy Store at Christmas time and show them Harrods (and buy some of my favourite perfume like last time) and take them on the Big Red London Tour bus and take Senior to Madame Tussauds and then take them off to the Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels and look into their eyes, as they marvel at the opulence of it all.  Then of course we will have to drug hubby because he won’t go (willingly or lucid) on the London Eye any other way … but us girls will love it and I will take a million photo’s to post to FB afterwards and blog … of course to blog later … so exciting!!!

So how much are air-tickets in December … I dive onto the internet and find a travel agent that can book your whole trip with a few clicks of the mouse … so what else??

Let’s take in a show (or three) … we didn’t see The Lion King when it was in Cape Town … they would love that … Junior knows all of the words.    Another show?  Maybe some more shopping?  So exciting!  Show them some of London’s beautiful architecture and churches (although I don’t think it is at the top of the list for young children) … ah screw it – its culture!  Something for the parents!  So that’s about a week in London shopping and sight-seeing and I think we will stay at the Savoy, yes a family room for a week … how much can that be right … oh my!  That much?  Well, I’m just looking … right!

Then there would be a train trip up North to visit my family near Manchester, maybe stay in Manchester Central so we can go shopping in that big shopping centre that was bombed in the 80’s … what is it called now … anyway shopping - yes!  Spend some much overdue time with my family, visiting friends.  Sharing our roots with the girls, showing them where they come from and the warm rich people in our family tree.  Meet the new little people that have recently arrived.  Visit my cousin on his radio show and cook a Winter Christmas Dinner.  Loving this day-dream!

Should we quickly shoot up to Edinburgh and spend a few days up there … or will that be too cold for junior?  Well, if we don’t get a White Christmas in The Valley, then we can quickly scoot up on the train for a few days … let’s play that one by ear.

Then there is hubby’s family down south, so let’s book another train trip down south, to Brighton.  Let’s see, let’s book First Class it will be an awesome experience for the mother girls … a couple of days in Brighton.  Go visit the Summer Palace. 

Then for the European leg of our journey, we have friends who live in France, more trains (who can guess the mother hates flying??) or should we do a ferry to share that experience with the girls?  No!  Let’s do EuroStar (mmmm not sure about racing at breakneck speed under the English Channel – come on mother, screw up your courage) ok click!  4 x First Class tickets from Dover to Paris – Done!  Yes, this trip is looking really good … well on paper right, because it is all make believe.  A couple of days in Paris at the Ritz and of course the must do touristy things, the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, Montmartre, The Louvre, and the big thing for the kids a day pass into Euro Disney – they will LOVE that!   OOOO there’s a Hop On Hop Off bus for Paris now, that’s new since the last time we were there (note to self - must remember not to accidentally throw away the photo’s this time) … that will be a great way to get around with the kids! 

And then off to visit our friends in France … along the French\Geneva boarder, so that means the Alps right or is it Mont Blanc?  Who cares … it’s a mountain - that means in winter SNOW … maybe we can get skiing in with the kids.  Hubby and I have never done that before … a first for all of us!  Let’s book 3 or 4 days at the local ski resort … oooo that is chocolate box perfect … yes indeed … and then sadly return first class flights home.  Flying has got to be better First Class right?

Let’s calculate the damage … I can spend serious money if you give me time (love that South African colloquial) Damn!  It won’t give me a price until I put credit card details in … ok I will input the number, get the amount and then quickly cancel.  Ok, 2345 8765 3098 3287 4018 click … oh my word that is quite an amount you have spent Collette … ah well, let me cancel quickly …

… oh no … oh no … well, we will have a really nice holiday before the divorce comes through …

Love you all madly!
Warm regards …             
Collette in Cape Town

Song of the Post … Ka Ching!  By Shania Twain

3 comments:

Janine Huldie said...

Collette, I love the way you daydream and seriously got to remember to channel you the next time I start to daydream. Seriously sounded like an awesome trip and if we had the kind of money on the damage I could do, lol!! Thank you so much for linking up with us and really did enjoy your post a ton!! :)

Kristi Campbell said...

Haha! Good thing you canceled in time. The trip sounds incredible though. And like the perfect way to spend any time that you're bored!

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

Thanks for just bringing a big smile to my face, Collette! And thanks for starting my travel fever...

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.