Ok, So Where Were We …

… ah yes Kindness!  How are you doing with our Kindness quest for February (and hopefully beyond)?  It’s been an interesting one … that is for sure.  

I don’t know about you, but I find that when I embark on something, like say a diet eating plan, all of a sudden every person I have ever known (since the beginning of time) is having a birthday and\or - as well as - a celebration of some kind and is thrusting an iridescent cupcake in my direction.  Have you noticed that?  So I have giggled (more growled really) at the stuff that has been presented lately, poking me in the eye and almost saying … “ok now be kind on top of that one baby” … it’s been interesting to say the least.

Kindness really takes but a moment and generally doesn't cost a cent and it blooms in a flourish for the recipient.  That is wonderful to witness (secretly, that bit makes my soul sing!).  That is what we are aiming for … that lovely ripple effect, with no expectation of return.

But to be absolutely honest, some of the opportunities this week went un-acted upon.  One or two, I wasn't able to move past my own hurts & baggage, and while thinking about that, it came to me … (sing with me now people …) in the shower.  That when these ideas whisper into my mind, and the suggestions make their way to virtual paper.  I don’t suggest these actions of PURPOSE, KINDNESS and such the like, because I am perfect or even particularly good at them.  I suggest them because I can see it as something that I need to work on too and I would love you to share this joyful life journey with me … really these blogs are virtual buddy systems and the internet allows for an international village.  Many of us are working on the same stuff … let’s learn from each other and do it together …

So what have I learned … I love that poem When I say I am a Christian! by Carol Wimmer.  I mistakenly thought it was by Maya Angelou, but I was wrong, she must have shared it at some point.  I love this poem because although it uses Christianity as the vehicle, I love its humility and its message of flawed’ness.  It says to me, don’t label me with what you think a Christian should be, because I am all of these things and more … and many of them are opportunities for me to try again and to do better and I am ok with that … to live humbly and to improve on tomorrow.  I didn't get it all right this week but I have one more week remaining in February 2014 (can you believe it), that I can try again, in this new week ahead … and do better … because

When I say, “I am a Christian”
I don’t think I know it all
I submit to my confusion
asking humbly to be taught


Let’s renew our efforts … Kindness is calling … how are you going to extend Kindness in this week ahead?  I would love to hear …

Love you all madly!  Let’s Make 2014 Count!
Collette in Cape Town

Video of the Post … Random Acts of Kindness  





2 comments:

Lizzi R said...

That's a great poem. I *think* I've read it before somewhere.

I posted a challenge earlier in the week, for people to go out and do something for someone else, to make their day better, on purpose.

And I challenged myself. And haven't done it yet! So I must.

I like your optimism and determination about this, though :)

Angelé Wells said...

Food for thought! Loved it ... as always xxx

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.