Live with Great Courage!


Those fabulous people that share my real world know, I am the eternal planner.  Sometimes I worry that stops me from living in the now but I must be honest, I take great calm and comfort (probably safety) in knowing where I have been, where we are going, what is coming up and what is happening next … for the next 6 – 9 months.  Even if I am sent a spiritual curveball, that requires the Great Divine GPS to “recalculate”, that is fine … I can handle most things having a plan in place, even if the plan changes. 

But planning, facing and living our lives boldly, takes great courage!  In the words of the great David Foster “there’s nothing ordinary in the living of each day”.  And I am always blown away when I see it in someone.  Tucked away in March’s word of encourage, is our word for April … a word that has great power … courage! 

Somehow we slipped right through March (too swiftly) and we are already half way through April … so there is no time to lose.  I invite you (and me), to live with great courage as we navigate the rest of April 2014 and indeed the rest of our lives.

Courage is very personal, and for everyone it means something different;  taking a stand, speaking up for yourself, staying silent when words will not help, setting boundaries for yourself, speaking your truth, facing that scary test you know you have to face, keeping your head and your head up in the eye of an unfair storm, making yourself vulnerable by telling someone you love them, walking away from that relationship that isn’t serving you …

This journey, at times, can be … hard.

Over the last couple of weeks, my sister, some friends and I have been sharing thoughts around Marianne Williamson's  “A Year of Miracles – a Daily Devotional & Reflections”  (we highly recommend it) and again we were reminded of her powerful message in her words …


Every word of this poem blows my socks right off, every time!  But I’m particularly partial to this bit … “Your playing small does not serve the world.  There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.”  I love it … it says LIVE AND DREAM BIG, WITH GREAT COURAGE because “as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.  As we're liberated from our own fear, Our presence automatically liberates others.”

I love that by us taking our lives in our own hands (with kindness) and by doing what we want (with gentleness) not what others want us to do, by going after our dreams, living large and out loud (respectfully), other people will think, well if she can, maybe I can and then tentatively take their steps, to do the same …

I’d love to hear what you are going to do next for you that is going to take courage.  Me?  I’m going to go edit another couple of chapters of my book … because every page I approve, is one page closer to publishing!

We can only do it with courage!

Love you all madly!  Let’s Make 2014 Count!
Collette in Cape Town

Song of the Post … The Power of the Dream!


1 comments:

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

Courage really doesn't mean lack of fear, but pressing forward in the face of fear. Thanks for the reminder of what courage really is

Powered by Blogger.

Disclaimer

(C) All content, unless otherwise stated, on the Zenith Thinking Blog is the Intellectual Property of ZenithThinking.